Adam and Eve faint upon leaving the Garden. God sends His word to encourage them.
1. BUT when our father Adam, and Eve, went out of the garden, they trod the ground on their feet, not knowing they were treading.
2. And when they came to the opening of the gate of the garden, and saw the broad earth spread before them, covered with stones large and small, and with sand, they feared and trembled, and fell on their faces, from the fear that came upon them; and they were as dead.
3. Because–whereas they had hitherto been in the garden-land, beautifully planted with all manner of trees–they now saw themselves, in a strange land, which they knew not, and had never seen.
4. And because at that time they were filled with the grace of a bright nature, and they had not hearts turned towards earthly things.
5. Therefore had God pity on them; and when He saw them fallen before the gate of the garden, He sent His Word unto father Adam and Eve, and raised them from their fallen state.